“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Proverbs 22: 6
Tender Treasures is established as a ministry of First Baptist Church and a service to the families and children of the community. This service has grown from a sincere love for children, and a desire to help them in the proper development and adjustment in our modern world.
The children are surrounded by a Christian atmosphere of respect and loving appreciation for each person, and for the wonders of God’s world. Each child is encouraged to progress at his own rate of speed toward enriched experiences, self-discipline, and the ability to make choices.
We look forward to working with your child and sharing the love of Jesus. Our main goal is to provide a quality program where your child may develop to his/her fullest.
Children greeted, free choice and directed activity, pre-readinessconcept development games, art, craft, journals, clean up
Circle Time (Unit discussions, stories, group activity)
Outside Play (weather permitting)/Large muscle indoor play
Prepare for lunch
Wake up, dismiss
- Tender Treasures will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week from 8:30am-2:30pm. Regulations require that children may not remain past 2:30.
- We will be in session exactly like public schools, including snow days, Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays, and Spring & Easter breaks. Please mark your calendar with these dates. During winter months, should schools close for inclement weather, please listen to local broadcasts and make arrangements to pick your child up on time.
- Children ages 3-5 will be accepted for enrollment in the program. Children from families attending First Baptist will be given priority for available slots on a first come-first serve basis. Children are to be age 3 before school starts in August.
- Each parent must fill out an application for the enrollment of his/her child. The application information must be kept current during the entire enrollment of the child.
- You will be expected to keep information current as to whom, other than yourself, has permission to pick up your child. Please notify us by phone if an authorized person will be picking up your child on any given day. Your representative may be asked to show proper identification.
- There is a $20 annual, non-refundable registration fee for all students.
- Tuition has been set at $11.25 per day, and is due at the first session of each month, for the entire month. If we are closed due to snow days, credit will be given to your account on the following month.
- Please enter through the door at the North end of the building.
- When you pick your child up, please check the bulletin board for things you will need to know.
- Please dress your child for comfort and play in sturdy, washable clothing. Please do not allow your child to wear flip-flops or backless clogs.
- Children will be served a nutritious snack each morning. The snack list will be posted on the parent bulletin board. If your child has any food allergies, please let us know specifically what they are.
- We celebrate birthdays during the morning snack period. Parents are welcome to bring cupcakes or treats for the class. We want to make this a special time for your child.
- Children who have had a fever within the past 24 hours may not be brought to the program. Medicine may be given at school only with a medicine permission form. All medicines must be labeled with the name of child, appropriate time for dosage, and name of medicine.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Light blanket and pillow-naptime cots will be provided
- Regular size lunch box with child’s favorite food and drink for lunch-these will be refrigerated upon arrival
- A complete change of clothes (weather appropriate) in an adult size shoebox clearly labeled with the child’s name
Tender Treasures Staff
Kathy Cole – Director
Heather Masters – Teacher
308 North Spring Street
Sparta, TN 38583
Church Phone: 931-836-2266
Classroom Telephone: 931-837-2266